CFWriterz Freedom Magazine has released the longlist for the Collins Elesiro Literary Prize. The longlist of 11 entries was selected out of nearly 60 entries. Entries were based on the magazine’s theme for this year, “Sweetness” adapted from a poetry collection by Stefn Sylvester Anyatonwu.
The longlisted entries comprising fiction, non-fiction and poetry would be published in print by the prize sponsor, Collins Elesiro.
A shortlist of six stories would be announced this month, July 2019. Poet and author of Scripture, Jide Badmus will judge the poems; ghostwriter and editor, Karo Oforofuo will judge the non-fiction entries; while 2018 Quramo Prize for Literature winner and editor of CFWriterz, Michael Emmanuel Tolulope will judge the fiction entries.
This year’s prize comes with a hundred thousand naira (N100, 000) and a digital publishing deal with CFWriterz for the top 3 entries.
The Collins Elesiro Literary Prize is a biannual prize organised by Creative Freelance Writers to reward the literary creativity of young writers. The next edition will be in December 2019.
Here are the selected entries for the longlist:
1. Beauty Beneath the Black by Anu Soneye
2. Perdition by Aisha Oredola
3. The Taste of Home by Chinenyenwa Favour Chukwuma
4. Unbridled Things by Maxwell Fashola
5. You Do not Know When You are Gone by Nneoma Mbalewe
6. The Night She Saw the Sun by Ugochukwu Nwafor
7. Home-bound Dancers by Ugochukwu Nwafor
8. Death’s Letter by Everest Udochukwu
9. The Orange Tree by Adewuyi Ademuyiwa
10. The Silent Plea by Resoketswe Manenzhe
11. Eye Candy Tukur Ridwan
Congratulations to the writers.