Vanguard Literary Services (VLS) is currently accepting submissions for its Valentine’s Day anthology. This year’s theme is centered around romance and sexuality. The anthology will be released online first, while the editors work towards publishing a print version to be sold and promoted. Vanguard Literary Services have also noted that if they get enough funds by way of sponsorship, the print copies will be sold and contributors paid royalties.
Vanguard Literary Services “promotes African storytelling through book marketing and distributions, organising writing workshops, mentorship programs, book readings, and literary anthologies.”
This edition will be edited by the writer, Nonso Anyanwu who runs Vanguard Literary Services, and has previously edited two Valentine’s Day-themed anthologies: Gossamer: Valentine Stories (2016), with an introduction by Toni Kan, and Love Stories from Africa (2017), with an introduction by Helon Habila both available on Brittle Paper. This will be the third such anthology Nonso Anyanwu will be editing.
VLS prefers stories that showcase a romantic by Africans, full of healthy people living in a secure, unpolluted Africa. They are interested in publishing stories by emerging writers who have amazing stories to tell.
- Writers from all over the world can apply.
- No entry fee.
- Only previously unpublished short stories should be submitted.
- Entries must be within 3000 – 4000 words
- Format manuscript thus: Calibri or Times New Roman fonts, 1.5 or 2.0 spacing; left justify text.
- Send your submission as an attachment to vanguardliteraryservices@
yahoo.com and include a brief bio of 200-words or less.
- Your email subject title should be in this order: author’s name and story title
- Submissions deadline: 5th February 2019.
- The title of the story and author’s name must precede the story.
All inquiries and correspondence should be sent to vanguardliteraryservices@