These Business Ideas Can Make You A Millionaire in 2017!
Becoming your own boss has never been so easy!
I have noticed that contrary to what most people think, capital is not the greatest challenge in engaging or starting a business; the greatest challenge is getting a very good business idea suitable for your location and present financial predicament.
Here, I will briefly talk about some businesses you can do with little capital.
Before I continue, I AM NO GODDAM MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER NOR A PASTOR THAT WILL TELL YOU SUCCESS IS BY PRAYING OR FASTING.
In as much as the two above have roles to play to prevent the soul from slumbering , I strongly believe our attitude and will power can only give us the desired success.
Introduction- Why Become an Entrepreneur?
A recent survey found that more than 70% of people want to be some sort of entrepreneur. Becoming an entrepreneur is a sought after job for many reasons, including pride, purpose and possibly money. Starting and running your own business on a day to day basis is no easy task, but it is one that is truly worth the effort.
So why should you consider becoming an entrepreneur?
There are many reasons why you should consider taking that giant step and creating your own business. Here are some rules:
1. Autonomy- running your own business allows you to be in charge of your own destiny. It also helps you to avoid getting stuck in the “daily grind” or the “rat race”. For many people running their own business lets them have a career that is self-sustaining.
2. Opportunity- Being an entrepreneur opens up a whole new world of opportunity for you. You will have the opportunity to do anything that you want in life. This means you can choose to be a slay queen or a boss chick, whatever you wish,LOL.
3. Impact- Many people who work for other companies truly want to work hard and help that company to succeed, but few are actually able to have such an impact. When you run your own business everything you do will directly impact the company, which can be very rewarding.
4. Freedom- this is the answer most people will give if you ask them why they want to become an entrepreneur. For many people the idea of doing what they want and how they want to do is the most compelling reason to take the risk and run their own business. It is true- having freedom in life and career does make a huge difference!
5. Responsibility- when you run your own business you have the ability to be responsible to yiurself.and operate your business the way that you feel it should be run. This is especially true if you have the desire to help others, you can do this without questios from a supposed boss.
6. Being your Own Boss- this is another common answer for why many people want to become entrepreneurs. If you are your own boss you can do things your way. You can make your own decisions, take your own risks and decide your own fate.
7. Time and Family- depending on your specific goals in life, becoming an entrepreneur could give you the freedom of time and allow you to spend more of it with your family, or even yourself.
8. Creating a Legacy- if the idea of forging a lasting legacy is important to you then few other careers give you the opportunity to do so like operating your own business. We have several firms and even “buka” owned by many people who might have died a very long time ago, but yet, people still patronize them. This is called legacy.
9. Accomplishment- if you have specific goals that you would like to accomplish in your life running your own business could help you to do so.
10. Control- for a lot of business owners the sense of security that comes with the ability to control your own work is a major reason to become an entrepreneur.
Now, how do you become a successful entrepreneur?
- Have passion and a lot of it
- Ability to manage the fear of the unknown
- Have a grand vision
- Believe in yourself
- Be extremely flexible
- Be able to defy conventional wisdom
- Be willing to take risks in life
If you have these traits, or if you can teach yourself how to develop these traits within yourself, then your likelihood of becoming a successful entrepreneur will increase. In addition to these personality traits, all successful entrepreneurs possess a certain amount of skills.
Now, what are these ideas?
Before I will go in details, I will want you notice why your ideas may die before actualizing it. No, this is not the fault of your village people, but maybe the result of your own fear. Note the below while thinking about that beautiful idea.
1. Excuses – Chai, Naija people can make excuses! Do not make excuses on why you shouldn’t start now. Start at that place and point you are, start anyhow, just start.
2. Procrastination – Na wetin kill our budget be dat…. Procrastination steals time and makes you irrelevant. Avoid it at all cost.
3. Understand the environment you are in. This is exactly the most needed point. You have to understand the market of your environment before you decide and jump into the market.
4. Expect failure. Things may not go well as planned but do not give up.
If your career is boring, switch to another thing.
And oh no, i won’t tell you to add to the numbers of bloggers or become a make up artist. We already have enough. Let’s do something unique and different.
OK, here we go. Below are 10 cool things you can do with little or no capital and make some cash.
1. Natural fruit juice/assorted production
Yes, you might not have heard about this, or maybe you have seen this in your everyday super market. Producing Natural fruits could earn you hundreds of thousands within a little time frame. This may include assorted fruits sometimes called sandwich. You may not need a NAFDAC number to kick start and start making your millions.
For juice, mangoes and garlic alone is enough. A bottle close to my office here is sold for #400. This juice has no name, no NAFDAC number and we buy it always.
Also, the assorted fruits may include a small part of coconut, papaw, apple etc. On average, a plate of this is sold for #500 and #300. In most places in Lagos, selling 20 plates a day gives you at least #10,000. Deducting your expenses, I’m quite sure you will have at least a profit of #4,000 – #5,000 a day. And yes, It is realistic!
2. Gift Baskets
I don’t know the name to call this. But then, you can decide that. Most times, there are people who need gifts to be given to their friends or business partners, either as a surprise on their anniversaries or during festive periods or as a casual “thank you” gift.
Here, you have a list of what can be included in the gift. You bill your client and deliver the gift.
Let me elaborate this : For a birthday gift, be sure to include cake and other stuffs. This may cost you 10 -20k. If your clients pay about 45k, including delivery fees then you have made profit.
3. Shopper and Errand Services
I once had a group of guys I employed to do this some few years back. Even though it was done in Akure Ondo state, we still made some money..
You practically need nothing here than your clients. They issue out lists of what they want. And on your own, you take a cab and get them.
How do you make money on this ? No, you are not going to shortchange their list or steal from them. You charge them. In Akure then(sometime around 2011), we charged N2,000, since all known supermarkets in Akure are just a N50 distance apart. Practically we made about N2,500 on a client, and you can make 10 of this in a day.
4. Office essentials Services
I made my first N400K in this life from this within 2months. E sweet die. And oh well, I did it in that same Akure. This is to tell you that you can achieve more in that your Abuja, Lagos, PH,and other big cities in Nigeria.
All you need to do here is to package some office essentials, get your clients informed and have prices on each bag.
For me, I sold one bag for 10k and it is payable within 2weeks.
Occasionally, your clients may want some other things that may not be included in your package, then, you get this separately.
There will be occasions you will have to supply computer systems and all.
5. Palm oil
This is another fantastic way of making money. I bet I can’t project how much you can make here, but I’m damn sure you will be surprised. I have a friend who does this, and now has 6 people working for him, they are the one getting the palm oil, all he does is distribution. He makes so much money.
6. Home Tutoring
Since this may need some skills in teaching, don’t go for this if you have zero skill in teaching.
But then, it is so lucrative for those who can. I have done it before and I can assure you that you can make thousands of naira from this.
7. Dancing group/Classes
Most ladies/girls can twerk for Buhari on Facebook and Instagram plus Snapchat. Even though, we appreciate your skills in feeding our eyes,you can make money from this.
1. Since you are not the shy type, why can’t you open a YouTube account, dance for the world and let people subscribe to watch you dancing. Not a bad idea right ?
2. On average, 2 in every 3 schools in Lagos offer ballet dancing classes, and there are limited dancers to partner with. You can be an instructor. You practically need no certificate to become this. All you need is some good command of English Language to communicate with the children. Learn some more dancing steps on the internet then, you are good to go. I can tell you, these classes are usually once per week or at most, twice in a week for a particular group or school. The average amount charged is 90k per term. Which is equaled to 30k per month and 7k+ per week(for only one appearance)
If you can indulge at least 3(three schools) this amount to at least 270k in a term,that isn’t bad right ?
In fact, you may charge more in some ” posh” schools. My neighbor charges 100k per term!
8. Cleaning Services
This is one cool way to make cash. You can equally include laundry services. Believe me, you will come here to sing Hallelujah.
9. Ice cream production
Here, you will need to learn this. But believe me, you can make more than a banker here. Supply supermarkets and malls with subsidized prices and become a champ!
10 Software developer
As we know in Nigeria today, aside from being an oil magnate, politician/ night entrepreneur or budget thief, there are currently only a few more lucrative jobs than being a programmer or a software developer. Here I can assure you that, you will make your first million(if you haven’t ).
But note that, this is not a child’s play. Since you may have no basic knowledge of computer programming, I will advice you enroll in one class and learn some coding languages. It is a gradual process.You can do it. Be focused and be ready. I learnt mine out of fear of failure. I wanted a new career and I got it. You too can.
There can never be enough programmers..Everyday, many firms need more developers, they need YOU. Raise your game and achieve this.
There is no limitations to what you can achieve. There are hundreds of ideas untapped!
Keep on watching this space.
Hopefully the next series is on the way.
Software, Web and mobile app developer
Dir, Homestead Academy Nigeria.